Friday 31 December 2010

Actress denies being in tapes

Tamil actress Ranjitha who has been missing from the public light ever since the Nityananda tapes controversy broke out, said she is "not" the person seen in the tapes.

Addressing the media on the outskirts of Bangalore, Ranjitha said " I am an ordinary woman with my own fears. I'm not the person in the tapes".

The tapes that shocked thousands of disciples of swami Nithyananda in India and abroad were made public in March 2010 forcing Nithyananda to go in hiding. He later surrendered and was arrested.

The actress today claimed that she paid the price for being a celebrity and was made a scapegoat.

"Just because I am associated with Nithyananda and I am a public person gives nobody the right to make videos. I was earlier scared to come forward and left the country on March 3."

Calling it a perverted move, Ranjitha openly claimed that she was made a scapegoat as she has nothing to do with the tapes. Whereas, the forensic reports claimed otherwise.

"I cannot go by a forensic lab report. I know it was not me. I came back from US on June 14 to expedite pending investigations," she added.

So does she deny being associated with the swami at all?

"For me it was a spiritual path and I was impressed by their social outreach programme. in a way I blame myself. I was feeling maybe I shouldn't have volunteered because of what followed."

The actress has now registered a complaint against Lenin, the man who released the tapes and complained of ill doings in Nithyananda's Bidadi ashram Dhyanpeetham.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites